Most of the household appliances we have at home are connected to a water source, so there is a high risk of leakage, which leads to water waste and a huge damage to the household.
Moreover, leaks impose another serious health risk- mold.
It is a common fungus type which can grow inside and outside, throughout the entire year. Mold mostly grows in damp, warm, and humid environments. Its microscopic spores travel through the air and attach to various structures and materials and multiplicate.
Mold can be of 100,000 types and species, but while some do not cause any harm, some categories are detrimental to health. For instance, allergenic molds are the most common ones, and they contain allergens, which lead to allergies and similar symptoms.
People who are exposed to mold experience are often unaware of the issue, so you need to know the following 17 symptoms:
- Metallic taste in the mouth
- Memory problems, brain fog, trouble with focus and executive function
- Numbness and tingling
- Persistent nerve pain
- Fatigue, weakness, post-exercise malaise and fatigue
- Muscle cramping, aches, and pains, joint pain without inflammatory arthritis, persistent nerve pain, “ice pick” pain
- Weight gain despite sufficient effort (weight loss resistance)
- Excessive thirst
- Increased urination
- Abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, appetite changes
- Static “shocks”
- Light sensitivity, red eyes, and/or blurred vision
- Sinus problems, cough, shortness of breath, air hunger, asthma-like symptoms
- Night sweats or other problems with temperature regulation.
Small amounts of mildew on the shower walls or other application where water accumulates are completely normal, but if you notice mold or mildew growth in room corners or non-shower walls, it is a clear sign that there is some leak which creates a perfect environment for mold.
If you have issues with household mold, you can clean it with the help of mold removal specialists. Yet, to prevent additional complications, make sure you take care of the leak after the mold has been removed.
Hire a plumber to specify the reason for the leak, and try to solve the problem as soon as possible, in order to prevent serious health issues.